Self Help Recovery from Addictions › Forums › General Discussions on Addiction and Recovery › Recovery to me is….
Recovery to me is…
– A new beginning; a chance to do things differently in my life without being under the influence of compulsive behaviors or substances.
– Having the ability to feel my feelings, good or bad, without having to cover them up or ignore them.
– Being able to be present. Not living in past regrets or frustrations; not future-tripping on what might happen. Just being here, today, right now.
– Having healthy boundaries with others. Respecting their privacy and being able to hold my own. Not sexualizing or objectifying others. Not codependently trying to tell them what to do.
– Having true friendships based on mutural support, honest sharing (even about difficulties between us), and genuine agape love.
– Having a family. A real family that I never had before.
– Never being alone.
What is Recovery to you?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.